2 Corinthians 5:17 says: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
How I felt my week went:
1. 4 day school week helped, but getting back into the groove after Christmas break was rough. Grouched at the girl, lectured her on the way to school.
2. Got in 2 Zumba classes, wanted to do 3, but ….ahem. Girl grounded from attending Y. Yelled at said girl “GO TO YOUR ROOM”
3. Plans changed on me when I had my day planned one way…well you know how that just makes you easy to get along with. who says I’m over committed?
4. Hubs had to work on Saturday…:( Single parenting sucks.
5. Brodester getting sick again…after being well only 1 week. 😦 😦 ello Calgon!
6. Leading worship Sunday was amazing….”Behold our God, seated on the throne, come let us adore HIM”, small groups with mind altering discussions and Chinese food 🙂
7. read below
I couldn’t wait for Monday to watch read/hear more on gentleness b/c after the night I had last night…I was sure I wouldn’t feel one willy nilly like being gentle today. Brody coughed the whole night. THE WHOLE NIGHT! I took him into the steamy bathroom twice, gave him sips of water. I thought I would be exhausted and grouchy today. But I wasn’t. The Lord sustained me through morning routine with an 8 year old girl, Walmart trip, oops turn around cause I missed a stop to return water bottles, doctors visit, 2 trips to the pharmacy, working from home, laundry, etc.
I didn’t even remember it was Monday until the kids were in bed and I got out the laptop and got really giddy~~~
A few things I took away from the video:
One of the girls said something about “recognize their talents”. I need to be mindful to do that. Chloe craves encouragement and I always feel like I’m pointing out how she could do this better or that an easier way.
They talked about telling joy stories to your kids. I want to slow down and give my kids something better to remember me by than just a monstrous lecturer. I want them to see themselves making a difference in this world. I want them to imagine themselves doing great feats for God.
A couple of quotes Angela mentioned from Sally Clarkson’s book “as a parent our success is to raise children who love God and follow Him” & “what He has called us to do, He will give us the ability to complete”. That last quote is a pearl of wisdom I need to share with my daughter!
I actually sat down tonight after the kids were in bed and didn’t feel wretched, like I’d ruined a little girl’s spirit by yelling, or rushing her off to bed, etc. I’m not feeling proud…just thankful to God for making me mindful today.
Our Assignment for the week: I encourage you this week to smile more, hug more, SLOW DOWN, listen, take a deep breath. When you feel like screaming – whisper. Pray pray and then pray some more. Take time to write out, meditate and memorize the 2 verses above, as you pursue gentleness.
Galatians 5:22,23 says: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Please Lord help me to be mindful in my gentleness….